This Filipino classic recipe combines the rich taste of pork with the flavors of carrots, onions, singkamas enriched with Knorr Pork, deep fried until crisp.
When frying these lumpia shanghai, make sure the oil is of the right temperature before dropping the rolls, to prevent the rolls from being soggy and to keep the wrapper golden brown and crispy.
- 1/2 kilogram ground pork
- 5 cloves garlic, finely chopped
- 1 pc onion, finely chopped
- 1/2 cup finely chopped carrots
- 1/2 cup finely chopped singkamas
- 1 pc Knorr Pork Cube, crumbled
- 1 tsp sugar
- 1/4 tsp ground black pepper
- lumpia wrapper
- canola oil for frying
- Begin by combining the ground pork, garlic, onions, carrots and singkamas in a bowl. Mix well.
- Crumble the Knorr Pork Cube and drop into the mixture. Or, you may opt to dissolve the Pork Cube with some hot water. Add sugar, pepper and egg next. Mix until all ingredients are well incorporated.
- Wrap the pork mixture into lumpia wrappers, seal using warm water, and fry them in hot oil until golden brown. Serving Lumpia Shanghai with chili sauce or vinegar will definitely make your day. It's a comfort food on its own.