Pita Pockets Recipe
This simple and nutritious recipe combines the rich flavor of chicken mixed with fresh slices of tomatoes, refreshing cucumbers and melted cheese.
Pita bread aside from being a great source of energy giving carbohydrates, it is also good source of protein and fiber.
- 1 pc onion, chopped
- 1/2 kilogram chicken breast fillet, cut into cubes
- 1 pack Knorr Sinigang Original Mix
- mayonnaise, to taste
- black pepper
- 6 pcs tomatoes, sliced
- 3 pcs cucumber, sliced
- 1/2 bar cheese
- 12 pcs pita bread
- Begin by getting your pan nice and hot and then drizzle with a little bit of oil. Throw in the onions and chicken breast and cook them until light brown in color.
- Season the meat by adding Knorr Sinigang Original Mix and pepper. Set this aside.
- To assemble 1 serving: heat pita bread on both sides on top of a skillet to make it pliable. Next is to make a slit sideways to open into a pocket. Place 2-3 tablespoons of chicken mixture, tomatoes, cucumber, and cheese. You have the option to serve this with mayo.
- With a platter full of Pita Pockets, you are surely making memories with your family.