Sweet, Sour, and Savory Macaroni Salad Recipe
Who can resist a well-made macaroni salad loaded with only the good stuff? Filipinos of all ages are very fond of this particular salad, so much so that it makes a habitual appearance in any celebration, whether it be a baptism, a birthday party, or even a wedding reception. Christmas, including the many joyous days that come between it and New Year’s Day, is never complete without a big bowl of macaroni salad! This liking for a seemingly simple salad is not by mere accident. There are many reasons to prove this salad’s worth: First, it’s so easy to make! It can be done in mere minutes without even breaking a sweat. Even the simplest chicken macaroni salad recipe can be prepared by a toddler with minimal supervision. Second, it’s quite affordable to put together as well. Compared to other popular salads, this one only requires a few staples already sitting in your pantry. No need for a special trip to the specialty shop to score hard-to-find ingredients. And lastly, this salad offers infinite satisfaction that tickles all the senses. Taste, texture, color? Check, check, check!
- 200 grams uncooked salad macaroni
- 220 ml Lady's Choice mayonnaise
- 2 tbsps sugar
- 2 tbsps pineapple juice (from canned pineapple)
- 2 tbsps pickle relish
- 1 tbsp white onion, finely chopped
- 1/4 cup celery stalks, small cubes
- 1/4 cup carrots, small cubes
- 1/2 cup cooked ham, small cubes
- 1/2 cup cheddar cheese, diced
- 1/2 cup pineapple tidbits, drained well; reserve juice
- 1/4 cup raisins (optional)
- fine salt and ground white pepper to taste
- Cook macaroni according to package directions. Rinse under running water and drain well. Set aside.
- Combine Lady’s Choice Mayonnaise, sugar, pineapple juice, pickle relish, white onions, celery, and carrots in a bowl. Mix well until sugar has dissolved.
- Add in cooked macaroni, ham, cheese, pineapple tidbits and raisins. Mix well. Season with salt and pepper. Chill before serving.
- Nut Free