Pork Humba by Mommy Melai
This dish uses the rich flavors of the pork marinated in a sweet marinate, mixed with the soy-vinegar sauce blend topped with fried banana and black beans.
We use softdrinks / soda to marinate and tenderize our meat, due to the high level of acidity, and it also give the meat the added sweetness and flavor.
- 1 kg pork meat (liempo cut)
- 1 tsp salt
- 8 oz Sprite softdrink
- 3 tbsp white sugar
- 1 tsp ground pepper
- 2 pcs Knorr pork cubes (10g)
- 30 ml soy sauce
- ¼ cup vinegar
- 1 can black beans, drained
- 3 pcs bananas (saging saba, fried)
- Fry the pork until the outsides are brown, and drain the excess oil.
- In a medium pot, add the fried pork in a mixture of water and clear softdrinks. Let it boil.
- Add in salt, sugar, pepper, vinegar, soy sauce. Then add in Knorr Pork Cubes.
- Continue simmering until the pork gets fork-tender.
- Put fried banana and black beans.