Creamy Beef Kaldereta
Did you know your spicy beef kaldereta is missing Lady's Choice Mayonnaise? Find out how this ingredient makes your caldereta recipe sweeter and creamier.
- 1 kilogram beef brisket, cut into 2-inch cubes
- 1 tbsp oil
- 1 pc onion chopped
- 4 cloves garlic, chopped
- 1 tbsp tomato paste
- 2 litres water
- 2 pcs bay leaves
- 1 tsp black peppercorns
- 1 cup tomato sauce
- 2 tbsps liver spread
- 3 tbsps soy sauce
- 1 tbsp brown sugar
- 1 pc bird's eye chili
- 1 pc green bell pepper, sliced
- 2 pcs red bell peppers, sliced
- 1 pc potato, cut into large cubes
- 1 pc carrot, cut into large cubes
- 1/2 cup green peas
- 3 tbsps Lady's Choice real mayonnaise
- In a pre-heated pan with oil, fry the beef over high heat just until browned. Do not overcrowd the pan. Set aside.
- In the same pan, saute onions in oil over medium heat for a minute, add garlic and sauté for another minute.
- Add tomato paste and cook for 2 minutes then add back the browned beef brisket.
- Add water, bay leaf, and pepper. Cover, bring to a boil, and simmer slowly for 2 ½ to 3 hours over low heat. Remaining broth should be around 2 cups.
- Add tomato sauce, liver spread, soy sauce, brown sugar, and chili. Mix well then simmer for a minute.
- Add bell peppers, potatoes, carrots, and green peas then simmer for 20 minutes or until sauce is thick and vegetables are cooked.
- Add Lady's Choice Real Mayonnaise, mix well, and serve.