Tom Yum Soup Recipe
Create our delicious and easy to follow recipe for Tom Yum Soup made extra special with Knorr Pork Cubes. Enjoy it with your family!
When cooking with coconut milk (gata), make sure that you don't let the soup to boil after adding the coconut milk, or else it might curdle and breakup during cooking.
- 2 tbsp coconut oil
- 2 cloves garlic chopped
- 1 pc onion chopped
- 2 stalks lemongrass, root ends pounded
- 2 pcs bay leaf
- 2 pcs siling labuyo
- 3 cups water
- 1 inch knob pc ginger / turmeric thinly sliced
- 1 pc Knorr pork cubes
- 3 tbsps Knorr Liquid Seasoning
- 3 tbsps calamansi juice
- 1 pc grilled tomatoes, cut into wedges
- 1 cup button mushroom, sliced
- ½ cup gata (Use ½ pack Knorr Ginataang Gulay Mix dissolved in ½ cup water or evaporated milk)
- 2 block tofu, cubed
- In a large pot, sauté onions, garlic, lemongrass and bayleaf until you smell the fresh spiced aroma. Then add the siling labuyo.
- Add water, ginger, crushed Knorr Pork Cubes and Knorr Liquid Seasoning. Bring to a boil over high heat, then reduce the heat to simmer. Add the calamansi juice, and continue to simmer at low heat.
- Add the tomatoes and mushroom, and continue to simmer for 3 minutes. Check seasoning, add salt and pepper if needed.
- Pour the Knorr Ginataang Gulay Recipe Mix dissolved in water, then let it simmer over low heat until thick before stirring in the cream. Add the cubed tofu and continue to simmer for 2 minutes
- Serve and enjoy this spicy and flavorful Thai dish.