Golden Tinola Recipe
This Filipino Classic soup dish combines the rich taste of chicken, fresh flavors of malunggay and kalabasa, and the refreshing flavors of ginger broth soup.
"Moringa (Malunggay) has been used for centuries for its medicinal and health benefits. Malunggay is full of vitamins an minerals that help prevent and cure diseases. Malunggay has anti fungal, anti inflammatory and antiviral properties.
Malunggay leaves are very for breast-feeding and lactating mothers. "
- 4 cloves garlic, chopped
- 1 pc small onion, thinly sliced
- 1 tbsp ginger, thinly sliced
- 3/4 kilogram chicken, cut into serving pieces
- 2 pcs Knorr Chicken Cubes
- 1 tbsp fish sauce
- 4 cups hugas bigas or water
- 2 cups kalabasa, cut into 1-inch cubes
- Optional: 6-8 pcs kalabasa flower
- 1 cup malunggay leaves
- You can prepare this fast and easy recipe in an instant. Begin by preparing a large pot, place on high heat then add oil. Cook the garlic, onions and ginger by sautéing until you can smell the nice aroma from the vegetables. Carefully place the chicken pieces, Knorr Chicken Cubes and a tablespoon of fish sauce, then cook this for 10 minutes.
- Pour the hugas bigas and bring this to a boil before lowering the heat to a simmer. Allow it to cook for 5 minutes longer before adding the kalabasa. Cook until the kalabasa and chicken are tender.
- Place kalabasa flower and malunggay leaves on top of the tinola and let this cook for another minute.
- Wait until you see the joy in the eyes of your family when you serve this Golden Tinola. The look will be priceless!