Chicken and Mushroom Soup with Sotanghon Recipe
This heart healthy comfort food uses the rich flavor of chicken combined with sautéed mushrooms and garlic mixed with sotanghon noodles in clear soup.
Adding fried garlic no only gives nice aroma to any dish, but it also gives extra sweetness and depth on flavor to the dishes including soups and stews.
- 2 tbsp cooking oil
- 4 cloves garlic, finely chopped
- 1 pc small onion, coarsely chopped
- 1 pc chicken breast, shredded
- 1 1/2 cups fresh oyster mushrooms, sliced
- 3 1/2 -4 cups water
- 2 pcs Knorr Chicken Cube
- 1 cup sotanghon (1 pack), soaked in water for 15 minutes
- garnish spring onions chopped
- garnish fried garlic
- It’s your turn to impress mom by cooking this intimidating looking dish with these three simple steps. Begin by getting a medium pot and make it nice and warm over high heat. Start by sautéing garlic and onions before throwing in the chicken breast and mushrooms. Let the meat and vegetables sizzle until they are fully cooked.
- Next, add the water then drop in the Knorr Chicken Cubes together with the soaked sotanghon noodles. Give this a stir until you can smell the garlic, onions and chicken in your kitchen as well as when you see the color developing in your soup.
- Lastly, the addition of spring onions and fried garlic on top does not only make your dish look nice but will also add a whole new level of flavour to your soup once you add it in.
- This dish is done and this will truly bring a smile to your family.
- NOTE: NO YIELD, NO PREP TIME