Batangas Bulalo with Sotanghon Recipe
This classic comfort food recipe uses the rich taste of Bulalo simmered in the flavorful Knorr Beef Broth, mixed with Sotanghon noodles, potatoes and pechay.
Remember to remove the scum from the surface of the water every now and then, to ensure your soup will be nice and clear. This process is called skimming.
- 1/2 kilogram beef bulalo (beef kenchi with bone), cut into serving pieces
- 6 cups water
- 1 pc medium onion, halved
- 1 stalk leeks, cut into 6- inch lengths
- 1 pc laurel leaf
- 1 tbsp whole peppercorns
- 2 pcs Knorr Beef Broth Cubes
- 1 pc large potato, cubed
- 1 cup sotanghon soaked in water
- 1 bunch pechay
- Get a pot and place the beef in. Fill it with water enough to cover the meat. Throw in the onions, leeks, laurel leaf, and peppercorns. Bring to a boil and remove the impurities (scum) as it rises.
- Continue to simmer until meat is tender. Drop in the Knorr Beef Broth Cubes and potatoes. Cook for 10 more minutes or until the potato is tender.
- Add the sotanghon noodles, followed by the pechay and simmer for 3 minutes more. All you need is a little creativity and Knorr Beef Broth Cubes. It's a feel good soup! Taste and see what we mean!
- Gluten Free
- Nut Free
- Wheat Free