Sinuam Na Mais with Gata Recipe
This kapampangan soup recipe uses the flavors of yellow corn combined with flavors from pork and shrimps, mixed with black pepper and sili, simmered in gata.
When cooking with coconut milk, do not let the mix boil or else the coconut milk might curdle and break up. Set the heat to medium or low and let the mix simmer to properly cook the coconut milk.
- 2 tbsp. oil
- 1 pc white onion, chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, chopped
- ¼ kg ground pork
- 2 tbsp. fish sauce
- ¼ cup shrimp, sliced
- ¼ tsp. black pepper, ground
- 1 cup yellow corn, grated
- 3 cups water
- 1 pack Knorr Complete Recipe Mix Ginataang Gulay
- ¼ cup sili leaves
- Begin by getting your pot nice and hot over medium heat. Pour some oil and throw in the onions, garlic and ground pork. Sprinkle some fish sauce and cook for a few minutes before adding the shrimp and pepper.
- Add the corn and water and just bring this to a simmer for 5 to 10 minutes before adding the Knorr Complete Recipe Mix Ginataang Gulay. Continue to simmer for 5 minutes.
- Now, you just have to add the sili leaves just before serving them.
- Enjoy a nice bowl of hot Suam na Mais with Gata with your family and see how they will insist that you should cook this for them more often.