This Ilokano classic dish uses the rich taste of beef shank cooked in a flavorful beef broth mixed with onions, potatoes, cabbage and saba.
To make sure that the beef becomes tender and flavorful, keep the heat at a low-medium setting to the boiling liquid at a simmer. The slow and low heat will break down the tough portions of the beef.
- 1 kg. beef shank, cut into serving pcs
- 2 pcs. Knorr Beef Cube
- 2 pcs. onions, quartered
- 5 g whole black peppercorns
- 6 cups water
- 2 pcs. potatoes, quartered
- 2 pcs. finger chili
- 3 pcs. saba, sliced
- ¼ pc. cabbage, sliced
- In a large pot, gently place the beef with the Knorr Beef Cube, onions, peppercorns, and water. Bring this to a boil then simmer over low-medium heat until beef is fork tender.
- Add the potatoes next with the finger chili and saba. Just simmer until potatoes are tender before adding the cabbage. Give this another 2 minutes and this dish is done!
- What better way to enjoy Lao’ya than with the company of family? This dish will truly bring comfort and delight. Good memories will surely come out of your meal thanks to this recipe.
- Gluten Free
- Nut Free
- Suitable For Pregnancy
- Wheat Free