Pork Nilaga Recipe
Create our delicious and easy to follow recipe for Pork Nilaga. Made perfect using tender pork belly, pechay, potatoes. Broth leveled up using Knorr Pork Cubes.
Fork Tender refers to the process where we check if the ingredient is cooked or tender enough that it can be pierced or cut easily by a fork.
- 1/2 kg. pork belly, sliced into serving pcs.
- 4 cups water
- 2 pcs Knorr Pork Cube
- 1 tbsp whole black peppercorns
- 2 pcs red onions, halved
- 2 pcs potatoes, cut into large cubes
- 1/2 pc cabbage, sliced into wedges
- 1 bundle pechay, trimmed
- With just 3 simple steps, you can enjoy a hassle-free Pork Nilaga dish. And this means, more bonding time with the family.
- For the first step, combine the pork, water, peppercorns and onions in a big pot. First, you must bring the water to a boil uncovered, then once it’s boiling, turn the heat to low and cover your pot. Leave the mixture simmering until the meat is fork tender.
- You may now throw in your Knorr Pork Cubes and potatoes. Cover your pot again and cook until the potatoes are fork tender.
- We have finally reached our last stage. Add the cabbage and pechay and let these simmer for a good 2 minutes before finally serving to your loved ones.