Paksiw na Salmon sa Gata Recipe
This dish combines the fresh seafood flavor of Salmon cooked in a tangy vinegar marinate mixed with the sweet coconut milk based sauce.
Salmon is a great source of protein that helps the promote good bone and muscle health; and it is a good source of Omega-3 fatty acids that keep the heart healthy.
- ½ kg salmon, cut into 1 inch thick pieces
- 1 pc medium size red onion, sliced
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- ⅓ cup vinegar
- ½ cup water
- 2 pcs sili sigang
- 2 pcs finger sized luyang dilaw or turmeric, sliced into strips
- 1 pack Knorr Ginataang Gulay Complete Recipe Mix dissolved in 1 cup water
- salt and pepper to taste
- First, get a medium sized pot and make it nice and warm over medium heat, and gently add and sauté the salmon slices, skin side down.
- Throw in the onion, garlic, vinegar, water, sili, salt and pepper. Bring this to a boil.
- Let the liquid reduce in half before adding the luyang dilaw and dissolved Knorr Ginataang Gulay Mix.
- Simmer for 10-15 minutes and that’s our dish. When your mom serves you this simple Paksiw na Salmon sa Gata, you will surely thank her for it! Give her a big warm hug as a sign of gratitude.