Shrimp Scampi Sandwich for a Light Weekend Treat
Shrimp scampi is a classic Italian-American dish popularized in the ’70s by early Italian immigrants. “Scampi” is a type of small lobster, otherwise known as langoustine. Since it's the most accessible crustacean, shrimp became a common alternative. Thus, the name was born. Today, shrimp scampi recipes range from pasta to appetizers and even sandwiches.
This dish in all its varieties is well-loved by home cooks for its simplicity and bright, refreshing flavors. Its central ingredient, shrimp, is a hearty and nutrient-rich protein that doesn't feel as heavy as other meats. These qualities make it perfect for light meals or an energizing merienda.
- 1 tbsp olive oil or butter
- 2 cloves garlic, chopped
- 200 g shrimp, shelled and deveined
- lemon juice, to taste
- 1 tbsp chopped parsley
- 1/4 tsp dried chili flakes (optional)
- salt and pepper, to taste
- 1/4 cup Lady's Choice Tuna Spread
- 2 slices focaccia bread, toasted and sliced lengthwise
- 2 pcs iceberg lettuce leaves
- Lactose Free
- Nut Free
- Suitable For Pregnancy