Spicy Buffalo a la Frankie's Chicken Wings
Got a serious Frankie's chicken wings habit? Don't we all? The New York-inspired restaurant is the place to get your fill of flavorful wings. If you love their crunchy, saucy offerings, then you probably order them regularly. As delicious as they are, those costs stack up – even when treating yourself is always worth it. The good news: you can easily recreate their classic buffalo wings at home with this budget-friendly recipe. Enjoy them hot out of the fryer every time. Don't forget to pair them with a creamy dip for maximum enjoyment!
Double-fry your wings before coating them in the sauce for an extra crispy bite.
- 1/2 kg chicken wings
- salt and pepper
- 1 head garlic, crushed
- flour, as needed
- 2 pcs eggs, beaten
- breadcrumbs, as needed
- oil, for deep-frying
- For the spicy buffalo sauce:
- 1 cup butter, melted
- Tabasco hot sauce, to taste
- 2 tbsp sesame oil
- 1/4 cup honey
- For the honey-mustard dip:
- 1 cup Lady's Choice Real Mayonnaise
- 2 tbsp mustard
- 2 tbsp honey
- 1-2 tsp lemon juice
- Poach chicken wings in seasoned water with garlic. Drain.
- Season chicken wings, then coat in flour, shaking off any excess. Dip in egg, then evenly coat with breadcrumbs. Set aside.
- Make the spicy buffalo sauce: Combine all ingredients in a bowl. Mix well.
- Deep-fry chicken wings until crispy. Toss in prepared spicy buffalo sauce.
- Make the honey-mustard dip: Combine all ingredients in a bowl. Season to taste. Serve with chicken wings.