Pang-relax Chicken Sotanghon Soup
This classic noodle dish uses the rich taste of chicken simmered in the flavorful Knorr Chicken broth, served with sotanghon noodles, topped with quail egg.
You just need to soak the Sotanghon noodles in water, no need to boil it. It is recommended that you soak the noodles for at least 5 mins in room temp water, then drain, before adding to the dish.
- 4 tbsp cooking oil
- 1 tbsp achuete seeds
- 6 cloves garlic, chopped
- 1 pc small-sized onion, chopped
- 250 g chicken breast fillet,hand shredded
- 2 pc Knorr Chicken Broth Cube
- 4 cups water
- 1 cup shredded pechay Baguio
- 2 cups sotanghon, soaked in water
- 2 tbsp thinly sliced spring onions (chiffonade cut)
- 5 pcs hard-boiled, quail egg
- Begin by combining the oil and achuete seeds in a saucepot. Heat achuete seeds over low fire for 30 seconds. Once color has infused, strain out seeds and return oil into pot.
- Sauté garlic in achuete oil until slightly browned then add the onions next. Sauté them until soft and aromatic.
- Add chicken, Knorr Chicken Broth Cube and water. Let this simmer until chicken is fully cooked.
- Remove chicken from stock and shred chicken meat. Put back in pot with pechay Baguio and the soaked sotanghon noodles, and let this simmer again for 2-3 minutes.
- Serve with topping of chopped spring onions and egg and that's our dish. There's only one word to describe this dish, joy!