Paskong Pancit Canton
This Filipino classic holiday dish uses the rich flavors of the pork liempo and chicken liver, mixed with fresh vegetables infused with the taste of Knorr.
Pancit dishes are often prepared for a lot Filipino celebrations because they symbolize longevity and good health according to Chinese - Filipino tradition and beliefs.
- 3 tbsp cooking oil
- 5 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 pc medium-sized red onion, sliced
- 250 g pork liempo, boiled until tender and sliced (reserve the 1 cup pork broth)
- 250 g chicken liver, boiled and sliced
- 3 tbsp chopped Kinchay
- 1 pc Knorr Pork Broth Cubes
- 2 cups sliced cabbage
- 1 pc small-sized carrot, sliced into strips
- 1/4 tsp ground black pepper
- 2 1/2 cups water
- 400 g Pancit Canton
- 6 tbsp cooking oil
- 1 & 1/2 tsp chopped spring onions
- 6 tbsp KNORR LIQUID SEASONING
- Begin by getting your wok or big shallow pan nice and hot over medium heat. Pour about 3 tbsp oil and throw in the garlic and onion. Sauté before adding the pork and chicken liver. Stir fry until the pork is brown in color.
- Add kinchay, Knorr Pork Cube, cabbage, carrots and black pepper. Mix all the veggies until they are half-cooked.
- Pour water and 1 cup of reserved broth then bring to a boil for about 2 minutes. Strain out the meats and vegetables from the broth to prevent over-cooking. Then, set this aside before cooking the noodles in the broth until soft.
- Mix the veggies and meat with the noodles.
- In a separate small pan, heat 6 tbsp of oil and add spring onions. Cook for 2 minutes then add Knorr Liquid Seasoning. Mix well then toss with the cooked pancit and that’s our dish.
- Christmas only comes once a year, so serve only the best food using the best ingredients for your family. They will truly appreciate you for serving them Paskong Pancit Canton.