Pork and Tofu Sisig sa Gata Recipe
This dish uses the combination of flavors and textures of pork ears, chicken liver and crispy tofu, served with a creamy gata sauce, topped with chicharon.
Tofu is a great source of protein, animo acids, iron and calcium. Tofu is derived from Soya proteins, and is said to help lower levels of bad cholesterol.
- oil for frying
- ½ kg. pig's ear, fried and chopped
- 1 cup chicken liver, fried and chopped
- 1½ cups tofu, fried and medium diced
- 1 pack Knorr Complete Recipe Mix Ginataang Gulay (divide mixture into 2)
- 1½ cups water
- 2 tbsp. oil
- 2 pcs. white onions, chopped
- 7 cloves garlic, chopped
- ¼ tsp. black pepper, ground
- ¼ tsp. salt
- ½ cup chicharon roughly chopped
- calamansi, as needed
- Let’s get started by getting a pan with Knorr Complete Recipe Mix Ginataang Gulay and water in, then allowing this to simmer until dissolved.
- Next we work on the tofu. We need to make it nice and crisp. In a medium pan, make it nice and hot over medium heat, then add the diced tofu bits. Continue to fry until all sides are evenly brown. Drain excess oil and set aside.
- Get another pan and make it nice and hot over medium heat. Pour some oil and throw in the onions, garlic, followed by pig’s ear, chicken liver. Once the meat starts to change color, add in the crispy tofu.
- Give this a nice seasoning of salt and black pepper. Mix well, then just give this a good 5 minutes before adding the chicharon.
- Now comes the exciting part! Place the mixture on hot plates and just pour the sauce over. With chicharon and garlic chips on top and a side of calamansi, this dish is done!
- If you don’t have a hot plate or sizzling plate, you can serve this in a serving bowl. What matters is that you share this Pork and Tofu Sisig sa Gata because something as delicious as this is best enjoyed with your loved ones.