This Ilonggo soup dish uses the rich flavors beef shank mixed with the fresh and sweet taste of lemongrass and jackfruit, combined in a tangy tamarind soup.
Remember to skim the boiling liquid or to remove the scum from the surface of the water every now and then, to ensure your soup will be nice and clear.
- 1 kg. beef shank, cut into serving pcs.
- 6 cups water
- 1 stalk lemongrass, pounded
- 2 pcs. onion, quartered
- 1 thumb-size ginger, sliced
- 2 pcs. finger chili
- 1 cup young jackfruit, sliced
- 1 tsp annatto powder
- 1 pc. Knorr Beef Cube
- 1 pack Knorr Sinigang sa Sampalok Mix Original
- whole black peppercorns
- Kansi is easy to do and does not require much preparation. All you need to do is combine the beef shank, water, lemongrass, ginger and onion in a pot. Let this boil before bringing it to a simmer. Cook until the beef is fork tender. Remember to skim the boiling liquid to keep the soup clear.
- Throw in the jackfruit, finger chili, and annatto powder and mix well. Next, simmer for a few minutes before adding the Knorr Beef Cube and Knorr Sinigang sa Sampalok Mix Original. Give this another 10-12 minutes and this dish is done!
- You will be excited to come home to the flavours of Kansi. We are sure you’ll be dreaming about this dish after dinner. It’s just that delicious!