This Ilonggo soup dish uses the rich flavors beef shank mixed with the fresh and sweet taste of lemongrass and jackfruit, combined in a tangy tamarind soup.
Remember to skim the boiling liquid or to remove the scum from the surface of the water every now and then, to ensure your soup will be nice and clear.
- 1 kg. beef shank, cut into serving pcs.
- 6 cups water
- 1 stalk lemongrass, pounded
- 2 pcs. onion, quartered
- 1 thumb-size ginger, sliced
- 2 pcs. finger chili
- 1 cup young jackfruit, sliced
- 1 tsp annatto powder
- 1 pc. Knorr Beef Cube
- 1 pack Knorr Sinigang sa Sampalok Mix Original
- whole black peppercorns