Simple Crispy Laing Pockets Recipe
This simple dish combines the fresh and green textures from the taro leaves, with the crispy outer skin from the fried wrappers.
Taro leaves provide a good source of healthy nutrients which help promote good and healthy blood pressure. It is also excellent source of vitamin C and antioxidants.
- 50 g dried gabi leaves
- 1 1/2 cups water for boiling taro leaves
- 40 g (1 pack) pack Knorr Ginataang Gulay Complete Recipe Mix
- 2 cup water
- 3 pcs sili, long green, sliced
- 25 pcs lumpia wrapper
- Begin by getting a pot and fill it with 1 ½ cups of water. Boil the dried gabi leaves in until it dries up.
- Dissolve Knorr Ginataang Gulay Complete Recipe Mix in 2 cups water. Pour the dissolved gata mix into the gabi leaves and the 3 pcs sili, and boil until the mixture thickens. Turn off the heat and let the laing cool then set this aside.
- Cut the lumpia wrapper into 3 or 4 strips. Place a spoonful of laing on one strip and carefully fold and wrap in a triangle shape. Seal the triangle wraps with a mixture of water and flour.
- Get a fry pan or wok ready, fill it with oil and turn the heat to high. Fry the laing pockets until golden brown. Remove and place on top of a plate lined with paper towels to remove excess oil. And that’s our dish! You will surely love Simple Crispy Laing Pockets. They are good on their own or with rice. Absolutely delicious!
- Egg Free
- Nut Free