Pork Meatballs with Squash in Gata Sauce Recipe
This dish combines the rich taste and texture of pork meatballs mixed with squash cooked in coconut milk sauce, served with boiled sweet eggplant.
When cooking with coconut milk, do not let the mix boil or else the coconut milk might curdle and break up. Set the heat to medium or low and let the mix simmer to properly cook the coconut milk.
- ¼ kg ground pork
- ½ tsp. salt
- ¼ tsp. ground black pepper
- ½ pc. white onion, chopped
- 1 tbsp. all-purpose flour
- ½ cup oil
- 2 cups water
- ½ pc onion, sliced
- 3 slices ginger
- ¼ tsp salt
- ½ pc Knorr Pork Cube
- 2 cups squash, medium diced
- 1 pack Knorr Complete Recipe Mix Ginataang Gulay
- 4 pc eggplant, boiled
- Let’s begin by making our meatballs. In a bowl, combine ground pork, salt, pepper and onions. Sprinkle the flour over and form them into balls that are a size smaller than a typical ping pong ball. Fry them in hot oil until cooked through and brown in color.
- Let’s now make the sauce. Get a pot and pour 2 cups of water with the onions, ginger, salt and Knorr Pork Cube. Drop the squash and allow this to boil together with the Knorr Complete Recipe Mix Ginataang Gulay. Reduce the heat to a simmer until the squash is cooked. You may now add the meatballs in. And there you have it. Our dish is done!
- Do you know what else will go well with our Pork Meatballs with Squash? It’s boiled eggplant! So, prepare a big serving of rice because you will surely eat more than usual.