Crispy Bicol Express Recipe
This dish mixed the deep fried crispy texture of your tender pork meat with the spicy coconut milk based sauce which gives it a sweet and milky flavor.
Pat dry the tender pork before deep frying to avoid having your oil splattering and sticking to the pan.
- 1/2 kg pork belly, sliced
- water, to cover
- 1 pc Knorr Pork Cube
- oil for frying
- 2 tbsp oil
- 2 tbsp bagoong or shrimp paste
- red and green chillies, chopped, as needed
- 1 (29 g) pack Knorr Ginataang Gulay Mix, dissolved in 240 ml water
- If you want to have really good and crispy pork belly, you need to boil the pork in water with Knorr Pork Cube first. Now, allow this to simmer over low heat until the pork is tender.
- Deep-fry the pork belly only when it has been thoroughly drained and surfaces are dry. You can pat dry with paper towels. Otherwise, when you place it in hot oil, you can expect the oil to splatter and it might burn you as well.
- For the next step, prepare a plate or tray lined with paper towels so you can place the cooked fried belly on top. The paper towel will absorb the excess oil from the pork.
- Now, we can go to preparing our sauce. Get your pan nice and hot over medium high heat. Then, pour some oil and gently sauté the bagoong and chillis for 2 minutes.
- You then have to add Knorr Complete Recipe Mix Ginataang Gulay dissolved in water. Let this simmer until thick.
- When your family sees a plate full of fried pork topped with some spicy gata sauce, they will not be able to contain their excitement! Ready the camera because upon their first bites, their smiling faces will be priceless!