Roasted Chicken with Dry Tinola Recipe
This fiesta and handaan recipe uses the rich and fresh flavors of chicken infused with ginger, chili and spices; stuffed with additional sweetness from papaya.
Resting the meat after baking will make the meat juicier and tastier since the meat will have time to redistribute the juices to the insides of the meat, and it will not be released when it is immediately cut.
- 1.5 kg 1 whole chicken
- 1/4 cup grated ginger
- 2 tbsp fish sauce, plus a little more for basting
- 2 Knorr Chicken Cubes
- 1/4 cup chopped chili leaves (dahon ng sili)
- 1 cup boiled papaya
- 1/4 chill leaves
- Begin by washing the chicken well and draining it of excess water. With the use of paper towels, pat the chicken dry.
- Prepare a rub to flavour the chicken. In a bowl, with the use of your fingers or a fork, mash the Knorr Chicken Cubes and mix this with grated ginger, patis and chopped chilli leaves. Spread the mixture entirely in the interior of the whole chicken and leave in the chiller overnight to marinate.
- Before baking in a preheated 350F oven, stuff the chicken with boiled papaya and cook for 70-90 minutes or until the chicken is cooked through. Don’t slice the chicken right away or all the juices will come out. Leave it for 15-20 minutes to rest.
- With Roasted Chicken with Dry Tinola served as a weeknight dinner or as a lunch meal, the family will definitely feel mom’s unconditional love.
- NOTE: NO YIELD INDICATED