Garlic Coconut Prawns with Cheese Recipe
This resto style recipe combines the fresh seafood taste of shrimps mixed with sweet coconut milk and garlic, baked topped with cheese.
If you wish to have a nice presentation of the dish, remember to devein the shrimps before preparing the mix. The black vein that runs along the back of the shrimp is an intestinal tract of the shrimp, and it can easily be remove by a small knife.
- 12 pcs tiger prawns, trimmed
- 2 tbsp olive /canola oil
- 1/2 pc onion, chopped
- 3 cloves garlic, chopped
- 1/2 cup fresh button mushrooms, chopped
- 33 g (1 pack) Knorr Ginataang Gulay Mix
- 1 cup all purpose cream
- 1/2 cup cheddar cheese, grated
- 1/2 cup breadcrumbs
- First, butterfly the prawn by laying it on a chopping board. Remove the prawn meat but keep the head and tail shell intact. Chop prawn meat into half inch pieces and season well. Set this aside.
- Blanch prawn shells in boiling water for 30 seconds or until shells turn orange.
- Now, get a pan and make it nice and hot over medium heat. Pour some oil and saute onions and garlic. Add mushrooms, chopped prawn meat, Knorr Gintaang Gulay Mix and cream. Mix well and let it simmer until sauce slightly thickened.
- Fill the prawn shells with the sautéed meat mixture. Top with cheese and breadcrumbs.
- Bake in pre heated oven until cheese melts and turns golden brown. Serve.
- Egg Free
- Nut Free
- Suitable For Pregnancy