Create our delicious and easy to follow recipe for Dinakdakan made special with Knorr Liquid Seasoning. Prepare a perfect healthy meal for your family.
When boiling the pork belly, remember to skim the top of the liquid to remove the scum and impurities.
- 1/2 kg pork belly (traditionally, Ilocanos use pig’s mask, nape, liver and intestines for this recipe. You may also use lean parts of pork)
- water to cover
- 1 head garlic, crushed
- black peppercorns, crushed
- 2 tbsp fish sauce
- 1 pc onion, chopped
- 4 cloves garlic, chopped
- 1 (2 - inch) pc. ginger, chopped
- 40 ml Knorr Liquid Seaasoning
- mayonnaise, as needed (pork’s brain is traditionally used to mix with the meat)
- Red or green chillies, chopped
- Let’s begin by combining the pork belly with garlic and black peppercorns in a pot filled with water enough to cover the meat. Now, bring this to a boil over high heat then to a simmer over low heat until the pork is tender. Remember to skim the top of the liquid to remove the scum. Once the meat is tender, take the meat out and allow it to drain in a strainer.
- Flavor the pork with fish sauce before frying or grilling (baking is another option) until crisp. Slice the pork into bite-sized strips.
- Next, grab a pan and make it nice and hot over medium heat. Pour some oil and throw in the onion, garlic and ginger. Add the pork strips and chilis, and season well with Knorr Liquid Seasoning. Cook until brown and crispy. For the final touch, mix the pork with mayonnaise.
- You will surely be amazed at how delicious this Dinakdakan Recipe is. In fact, this might become your family’s favourite