Stop Deep Frying Your Chimichangas - Air-Fry Them Instead!
Get a head start with your New Year’s resolutions by making these delicious and healthified chimichangas for your New Year’s Eve spread. Chimichangas are usually deep-fried to get that crispy exterior but for this recipe, we’re air-frying them for less effort and less calories so we can spend more time celebrating the start of a new year. For an extra creamy filling, we add Lady’s Choice Real Mayonnaise into the mix. It’s the perfect healthyish treat to kick off healthier eating habits this coming new year.
If you don’t have an air fryer, you can still make these healthified chimichangas! Use a regular oven and bake for 400°F for 20-25 minutes or until the chimichangas are golden brown.
- For the Chimichanga:
- 3 cups chicken breasts, cooked and shredded
- 1 1/2 cans 400 grams black beans, drained and rinsed
- 3/4 cup tomatoes, deseeded and diced
- 1 1/2 tsp cumin
- 1 1/2 tsp dried oregano
- 1 tsp chilli powder
- 1 1/2 cups cheddar cheese, shredded
- 1/4 cup Lady's Choice Real Mayonnaise
- 1 tbsp white onion, diced
- 4 tbsp oil
- 9 pc flour or corn tortilla, large
- For Serving the Chimichanga:
- to taste goacamole
- to taste salsa, store bought
- to taste fresh cilantro, chopped
- to taste sour cream
- salad greens
- Egg Free
- Nut Free
- Suitable For Pregnancy