Pork Siomai Recipe
This small bite sized dish contains a large amounts of flavor and texture that can be paired with your other main dishes, or it can be served as a great snack.
You can serve steamed, baked, or fried.
- 2 cups ground pork
- 1/2 pc onion, minced
- 4 tbsp spring onions, chopped
- 1/4 cup carrots, minced
- 1/4 cup singkamas, finely minced
- 1 pc Knorr Pork or Beef Cube, mashed
- 3 tbsp sesame oil
- 1 pc egg, beaten
- 1 tsp ground black pepper
- 1 tsp five spice powder (optional)
- wonton wrappers, as needed
- chopped spring onions and carrots for topping
- This is such an easy recipe and it’s very delicious too. All you need to do is combine the ground pork or beef, onion, spring onions, carrots, singkamas, Knorr Pork Cubes or Knorr Beef Cubes, sesame oil, egg and pepper in a bowl. Mix this well and prepare to assemble.
- With the index finger and thumb touching together, place the wonton wrapper on top. Place a spoonful of the mixture in the center and push the filling down to create a pouch then leave the top open. Do the same with the remaining mixture.
- Cook in a steamer lined with wax paper (bake paper or aluminium foil will do) for 20-30 minutes or until cooked through.
- Now, here comes the best part! When you allow the siomai to cool down, deep-fry in pre-heated oil until crisp and brown.
- Serve this with your favourite condiment and enjoy merienda with friends and family!
- Without milk
- Nut Free
- Suitable For Pregnancy