Pork and Beef Siomai Recipe
This classic Chinese dimsum recipe uses the combined rich flavors of beef and pork mixed with carrots, spring onions, spices infused with Knorr Pork flavors.
- 1 1/2 cups ground pork
- 1/2 cup ground beef
- 1/2 pc onion, minced
- 4 tbsp spring onions, chopped
- 1/4 cup carrots, minced
- 1 pc Knorr Pork Cube, mashed
- 3 tbsp sesame oil
- 1 pc egg, beaten
- 1 pc ground black pepper
- 1 tsp five spice powder (optional)
- wonton wrappers, as needed
- chopped spring onions and carrots for topping
- For the condiment:
- Knorr Liquid Seasoning
- chopped siling labuyo or chilli sauce
- toasted garlic
- calamansi juice
- Here’s a dish that’s guaranteed to make your day. Siomai is the ultimate comfort food eaten with or without rice.
- Begin by combining ground pork and beef with onion, spring onions, carrots, Knorr Pork Cube, sesame oil, egg and pepper in a bowl. Mix them well until all ingredients are incorporated.
- With the index finger and thumb touching together, place the wonton wrapper on top, to create a small cup shape. Place a spoonful of the mixture in the center and push the filling down to create a pouch then leave the top open. Do the same with the remaining mixture.
- Give your siomai that resto look by topping them with spring onions and carrots. Cook in a steamer lined with wax paper (bake paper or aluminium foil will do) for 15-20 minutes.
- Enjoy your Pork and Beef Siomai with a serving of Knorr Liquid Seasoning on the side. This will definitely make your day brighter!