Beef Morcon in Herbed Tomato Sauce Recipe
This Filipino classic beef dish uses the rich taste if beef sirloin stuffed with a well flavored pork and vegetable mix and egg, served with herb tomato sauce.
When making this dish, make sure that you get the right cut of beef. Grab either the sirloin or a well-trimmed kalitiran.
- 1 kg. beef sirloin, cut roulade- style
- 1/4 cup soy sauce
- 2 cups beef stock
- 1 pack Knorr Complete Recipe Mix Kaldereta
- 1/4 cup calamansi juice
- 1 tbsp ground black pepper
- 1 cup ground pork
- 1/3 cup carrot, minced
- 1 pc chinese sausage, brunoise
- 3 tbsp raisins, roughly chopped
- 3 tbsp cheddar cheese, grated as needed
- flour as needed
- cooking oil
- 3 pc hardboiled egg
- 1/4 cup white onions, chopped
- 4 cloves garlic, chopped
- 2 pcs bay leaves
- 4 tbsp liver spread
- 1/2 tsp fresh oregano, chopped
- 1/2 tsp fresh thyme, chopped
- Let’s begin by marinating the beef sirloin in soy sauce mixed with stock, Knorr Complete Recipe Mix Kaldereta, calamansi juice and pepper for at least 4 hours. After 4 hours, just drain and reserve the marinade.
- In a bowl, combine the ground pork, pickles, carrot, sausage, raisins and cheese. Now flatten the beef and spread a generous quantity of ground pork then top it with hard boiled eggs. Roll the beef into a log, wrapping the ground pork mix with the egg, then secure it with some kitchen twine.
- Dredge the beef roulade in flour so that when you sear it in hot oil it will not stick to the pan and at the same time you’re adding a nice crust to it. Remember to shake off any excess flour! Then sear the beef in hot oil until all sides are evenly brown. Once done, just set this aside.
- Using the same pan, in medium heat, throw in the onions and garlic. Pour in the reserved marinade, bay leaves and herbs. Add the seared beef and bring to a boil before reducing the heat to a simmer. Cover and cook until the beef is tender.
- If you think your dish is getting a bit too dry, just pour some additional beef stock. Consistency of the liquid should be thick but not dry.
- Now that our beef is done, slice them into 1 1/4 inch thick rounds and top with the sauce.
- Once you serve this Beef Morcon in Herbed Tomato Sauce recipe, your family will be rushing to give you hugs of gratitude.