Creamy Binalot na Tilapia sa Pechay (Sinanglay) Recipe
This dish uses the fresh seafood taste of tilapia mixed with fresh vegetables, wrapped in pechay leaves, simmered in the creamy Knorr Ginataang Gulay mix.
Coconut Milk aids in strengthening the immune system. It contains lauric acids that assists the body in fighting infections caused by virus and bacteria.
- 6 pcs. tilapia fillets
- 3 tbsp calamansi juice
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 tsp pepper
- 2 bunches pechay
- 1 (45 g) pack Knorr Ginataang Gulay Sitaw and Kalabasa Complete Recipe Mix
- 1 1/2 cups water
- 1 stalk lemongrass (white part only)
- 2 pcs sili, long green
- 3 pcs tomatoes, deseeded and mince
- 2 pcs onion, minced
- Begin by marinating tilapia fillet with calamansi juice, salt and pepper for not more than 15 minutes. Something as delicate as fish or seafood need not be seasoned longer than 15 minutes because it can absorb flavors fast. There is also the danger of overcooking the fish meat that comes from the acid and thereby making the fish rubbery and tough once cooked.
- While waiting for your fish to flavour, wash the pechay well with water. Get a paper towel and wipe them dry.
- Lay the pechay leaves on a plate and arrange the tilapia fillet on top together with the onions and tomatoes. Wrap the pechay and use the lemongrass to tie.
- Get a pot that’s big enough to fit the wrapped tilapia fillet. Use this pot and pour in the dissolved Knorr Ginataang Gulay Complete Recipe Mix in 1 1/2 cups water and bring this to a boil.
- One by one, slowly arrange the wrapped fish in the pot and cook this covered for 10 minutes.
- Your family will truly love you more when they see and taste the care and effort you put into this delicious fish dish wrapped in pechay.
- Egg Free
- Nut Free