Thai Chicken in Pandan Leaves Recipe
This Thai inspired dish combines the flavors of coriander, garlic and pepper mixed with the rich taste of chicken, wrapped and fried in pandan leaves.
Make sure to thoroughly clean the banana leaves that will be used for wrapping by using cold water. Pat dry using a paper tower after cleaning to remove excess moisture before using.
- ½ kg chicken breast fillet, cut into quarters
- 5 - 6 coriander roots, chopped
- 4 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 tbsp peppercorns, crushed
- 2 tbsp Knorr Liquid seasoning
- 1 tbsp oyster sauce
- 1 tsp sugar
- 1 tsp sesame oil
- pandan leaf, cut into 5 - 6 inches strips
- vegetable oil for frying
- store-bought sweet chili sauce or plum sauce for dipping
- Begin by creating a wonderful blend of garlic, peppercorns, coriander roots, Knorr Liquid Seasoning, sugar, oyster sauce and sesame oil in a bowl. With this mixture, you’ve got to combine this well with the chicken and leave it to marinate for 1-2 hours in the chiller.
- The next step is to create a pocket, made of pandan leaves, which you will use to fill in with the chicken. To do this, you need to take 2 strips of leaves and form an “X”. Place the chicken meat in the center and bring the ends together to fully wrap the chicken. Then, use a toothpick to secure the pocket.
- Get a pan for deep frying. Pour enough vegetable oil and get it nice and hot. Gently place the chicken pieces in and deep fry until they are cooked through.
- This chicken isn’t complete without a serving of sweet chili sauce or plum sauce on the side.
- When you serve this Thai Chicken in Pandan Leaves, your family will definitely ask for more! It’s just that good!