Thai Chicken in Pandan Leaves Recipe
This Thai inspired dish combines the flavors of coriander, garlic and pepper mixed with the rich taste of chicken, wrapped and fried in pandan leaves.
Make sure to thoroughly clean the banana leaves that will be used for wrapping by using cold water. Pat dry using a paper tower after cleaning to remove excess moisture before using.
- ½ kg chicken breast fillet, cut into quarters
- 5 - 6 coriander roots, chopped
- 4 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 tbsp peppercorns, crushed
- 2 tbsp Knorr Liquid seasoning
- 1 tbsp oyster sauce
- 1 tsp sugar
- 1 tsp sesame oil
- pandan leaf, cut into 5 - 6 inches strips
- vegetable oil for frying
- store-bought sweet chili sauce or plum sauce for dipping