Chicken Roulade Recipe
This dish uses the rich flavor of chicken infused with Knorr flavorings, stuffed with the sweet flavor of ham and creamy texture of cheese.
Remember to let the meat rest for at least 5 minutes after baking, this will make it more flavorful and juicy. Resting will force the meat to reabsorb the liquids and flavors from within the meat.
- ½ kg chicken thigh fillet
- 4 cloves garlic, finely chopped
- 3 tbsps Knorr Liquid Seasoning
- ¼ tsp ground black pepper
- 5 pcs ham slices
- 5 sticks cream cheese (Batonnet)
- ¼ cup all purpose flour
- In order to have really flavourful chicken, you need to first marinate them in garlic, Knorr Liquid Seasoning and black pepper for 15 minutes.
- Place ham and cream cheese on the chicken fillets and roll. Tie a string around the chicken and make a knot on each end to prevent the filling from escaping. Now, it’s time to dredge this in flour and brown this over high heat on a very hot pan.
- Finally, you can bake this in the oven for 20-25 minutes or until the chicken is cooked through.
- Take note, though, that you should not slice the roulade right away after taking it out from the oven. You need to rest and cool it a little bit to prevent the juices from spilling out. Then, you may remove the tie and carefully slice them diagonally and serve.
- There’s always something to celebrate and with Chicken Roulade, it’s bonding and eating with the family.