Chicken and Corn with Secret Siomai Recipe
This Asian soup dish combines the creamy and sweet flavor of Knorr Chicken and Corn Real Chinese Soup mixed with homemade pork siomai dumplings.
In Chinese medicine, shiitake mushrooms are thought to boost health and longevity, as well as improve circulation.
- 2 tsp sesame oil
- 2 tbsp cornstarch
- 4 cups ground pork
- 3 pcs dried shiitake mushrooms, soaked, drained and minced
- salt and pepper
- 1 pack siomai wrappers
- 1 dozen quail eggs, boiled and peeled
- 2 tbsp spring onions, chopped
- 1 pack Knorr Chicken and Corn Real Chinese Soup
- 1 pc fresh egg, slightly beaten
- Let’s begin by making the siomai filling. Mix the sesame oil, cornstarch, pork and mushrooms in a bowl and season this well with salt and pepper.
- Using three siomai wrappers, wrap one teaspoon of the mixture and one quail egg in. Sprinkle with spring onions before sealing.
- Transfer the prepared siomai in a steamer and cook for about 30 minutes.
- Now, we work on the soup. Let's prepare a saucepan and make it nice and hot over medium heat. Cook the Knorr Chicken and Corn Soup according to the instructions on the sachet. Slowly mix in an egg while cooking the soup.
- Once strings from the egg have formed, add the cooked siomai and remove from heat and that’s our dish. This dish will definitely make your family’s day. Siomai and hot soup in one! What more can you ask for?