Crispy Tofu Sisig
Crispy tofu sisig is perfect for those who wish to harness the health-giving benefits of tofu with the creamy and spicy flavor of sisig. Make your own now.
Tofu is a great source of protein, animo acids, iron and calcium. Tofu is derived from Soya proteins, and is said to help lower levels of bad cholesterol.
- 3 tbsp canola oil for frying
- 1/2 kg firm tofu, cut into 1/2 inch cubes
- 1 pc red onion, chopped
- 3 cloves garlic, chopped
- 1 pc bird’s eye chili (Siling Labuyo)
- 2 pcs fresh long green chili (Siling Pangsigang)
- Knorr Liquid Seasoning, to taste
- 1/3 cup Lady's Choice real mayonnaise
- 2 pcs calamansi
- Begin by getting a shallow pan and fill it with cooking oil. Place your heat to high and when small bubbles appear, deep fry the tofu cubes until brown and crisp.
- Get a separate pan and make it nice and hot over medium heat. Sauté onion and garlic in oil and drop the fried tofu and chilies next.
- Add Knorr Liquid Seasoning according to your taste. Turn off the heat and add Lady's Choice Mayonnaise and mix well.
- Serve with calamansi and egg (optional) and that’s our dish! All you need is a big serving of rice because you will definitely eat more than usual.