Vegetable Kare Kare Recipe
This classic Filipino dish uses the healthy combination of fresh vegetables such as eggplant and string beans, mixed with the savory peanut kare-kare sauce.
To make the sauce thicker, you can add 1-2 tbsp of Peanut butter to the sauce and gently simmer the dish until it dissolves completely.
- 1 tbsp canola oil
- ½ pc banana heart, cut into 2 inch thick
- 2 pc eggplant, ¾ inch thick, cut diagonally
- 1 bunch sitaw, 4 inch length
- 1 pack Knorr Kare Kare Recipe Mix, dissolved in 2 cups water
- roasted and unsalted peanuts, as needed
- 1 bunch native pechay, trimmed
- bagoong (shrimp paste)
- Let’s begin by getting your pan nice and hot over medium heat. Pour some oil and throw in the banana heart, eggplant and sitaw.
- Pour dissolved Knorr Kare Kare Recipe Mix and peanuts. Allow to simmer until thick and vegetables are cooked.
- Add pechay, then simmer for a minute and that’s our dish! You will surely change your mind when you try this Vegetable Kare-Kare. Serve with bagoong, it’s a true winner!
- Egg Free
- Suitable For Pregnancy