Crispy Sisig Recipe
Create our delicious and easy to follow recipe for Crispy Sisig made extra special with Knorr Liquid Seasoning. Enjoy it with your family today!
You can also use Tofu cubes instead of using Pork Belly for your sisig, to make a healthier version of this crispy dish.
- 2 kg whole pork liempo (lechon kawali cut)
- 1 tbsp rock salt
- 2 pcs onion, cut into wedges
- water, enough to cover pork
- canola oil (for deep frying)
- 2 tbsp chopped garlic
- 1/2 kg chicken liver, cut into small cubes
- 1 cup chopped onions
- 3 -4 pcs green chillies, sliced
- 2 -4 tbsp Knorr Seasoning
- 2 tbsp calamansi juice
- ground black pepper to taste
- Let's begin by getting a pot and filling it with water then add salt, onion wedges and the pork belly or lechon kawali. Cook until tender. Drain from the water and set aside on a plate or tray to cool and air-dry.
- Get a shallow pan and make it nice and hot. Pour enough oil and deep fry tenderized pork until crisp and golden brown. Let cool and chop coarsely.
- Using another pan, throw in the garlic and liver. Saute until fully cooked.
- Off heat, toss in the onions, chopped crispy pork and green chillies. Season with more Knorr Liquid Seasoning, calamansi juice and pepper. And that's it! Prepare to eat more than usual for you will find yourself falling in love with the goodness of this Crispy Sisig!