Beef Short Ribs Pochero, a Recipe to Master
Have you already mastered the basic Filipino dishes, like adobo and sinigang? Then it’s time to maximize your newfound confidence and move on to more special dishes! These are the type of recipes moms, titas, and lolas reserve for big celebrations because of their lengthy list of ingredients and complex cooking methods. A prime example is beef short ribs pochero. It’s a dish many compared to the classic nilaga. While the ingredients for this beef short ribs recipe bares striking similarities, its taste is quite different. The pochero features a unique blend of flavors, thanks to the sweetness of the saba and the sourness of the tomato sauce. Ready to give it a try?
- 4 tbsp vegetable oil
- 1 pc Saba banana, sliced horizontally
- 3 pcs chorizo, sliced
- 1 tsp minced garlic
- 1 pc tomato, diced
- 1 cup tomato sauce
- 2 tbsp whole peppercorns, crushed
- 8 cups water
- 2 pcs Knorr Beef Cubes
- 2 pcs potatoes, quartered
- 1 cup garbanzos
- 1/2 pc cabbage, sliced into wedges
- 6 pcs long beans, sliced into 4-inch segments
- 1 bok choy
- fish sauce, to taste
- Heat oil in a pan over medium flame. Fry banana and chorizo separately. Set aside.
- In the same pan, sauté garlic and tomatoes until fragrant.
- Add beef and cook for 1 minute. Add tomato sauce, peppercorns, and water. Bring to a boil. Lower heat and simmer until the beef is tender.
- Add Knorr Beef Cubes and simmer for 1 minute.
- Add potatoes and garbanzos. Simmer until cooked.
- Add cabbage and long beans. Simmer for 2 minutes. Add bok choy and cook for 1 minute. Serve hot with fish sauce on the side.
- Gluten Free
- Nut Free
- Suitable For Pregnancy
- Wheat Free