Pork Menudo by Chef Vanjo
This dish combines the rich flavors of pork with the fresh and thick flavor of your tomato sauce mixed with different textures from the potatoes and carrots.
Don't rush cooking this dish. Let the dish simmer for a long time to tenderize the meat and develop more taste.
- 1 kg diced pork shoulder
- 1 pc Knorr Pork Cubes 10g
- 1 pc potato, diced
- 3 pcs hotdog, sliced crosswise
- 800 grams tomato sauce
- 1 pc carrot, diced
- 2 pcs bay leaves
- 3 tbsps soy sauce
- 1 pc red onion, chopped
- 4 cloves garlic, crushed
- 3 tbsps cooking oil
- 2 cups water
- salt to taste
- pepper to taste
- Heat oil in a pan. Once the oil gets hot, sautee garlic and onion until onion softens. Add pork. Sauté until light brown.
- Pour tomato sauce, water, and soy sauce into the pot. Stir. Let boil.
- Add dried bay leaves and Knorr Pork Cube. Stir. Cover the pot and lower heat to simmer for 45 to 60 minutes, or until the pork becomes tender.
- Put the hotdogs into the pot. Cook for 1 minute. Add potato and carrots. Cook for 5 minutes or until potatoes are fork tender.
- Season with salt and ground black pepper. Stir and cook for 3 minutes.
- Transfer to a serving plate. Serve. Share and enjoy!"