Ginataang Sitaw at Kalabasa Recipe
This simple tip will make your ginataang sitaw at kalabasa much creamier. Add shrimp and Knorr Ginataang Gulay to develop richness to this beloved ulam.
"Make sure that you let the Coconut Milk simmer and cook fully before adding the rest of the vegetables.
You can a little pepper to the dish to make it a bit spicy kick.
You can also add Malunggay (Moringa) leaves to add nutrients and flavors to the dish. "
- 2 tbsp cooking oil
- 1/2 pc onion, chopped
- 3 cloves garlic, chopped
- 1 (45 g) pack Knorr Ginataang Gulay
- 1 1/2 cup water
- 1/2 kg kalabasa, cubes
- 70 g shrimp,peeled
- 200 g string beans, cut into 3” length
- You start by preparing, peeling and slicing all vegetables to the right size. Peel the onions and chop them as finely as you can. Then peel the garlic and chop into small pieces. Start peeling the kalabasa and slice it into big chunks about 1 inch thick. Lastly, cut the string beans into 3-inch lengths.
- You may now proceed to cleaning your shrimp. Remove the shrimp head, peel the other shell and then remove the intestines found at the back of the shrimp. The shrimp head is considered the dirtiest part of the shrimp so feel free to remove them from its body. We recommend using a sharp pairing knife when cleaning the shrimp.
- Prepare your gata (Coconut Mix) by mixing 1 pack of Knorr Ginataang Gulay with 1½ cup of water.
- In a large pan, on medium flame, heat the oil then add the chopped garlic and onions and cook until slightly browned. By heating the garlic and onions, they will release certain chemicals that produce a great aroma and enhances the flavors of the other ingredients. Next, add the chopped kalabasa and the Knorr Ginataang Gulay mixture (gata), and then let the mixture simmer for at least 3-5 Minutes. Add in your string beans and shrimps to the mix, and continue simmering until your vegetables are fully cooked.
- You may opt to boil kalabasa separately in Knorr Chicken cubes to have more flavour and then add to the dish at the last 5 minutes of cooking. In this case, your kalabasa will still retain its texture and it will not be mashed up together with the other ingredients.
- Serve hot and enjoy with the whole family!