Chicken Adobongga Recipe
Create Mommy Jolina's delicious and easy to follow healthy family recipe for Chicken Adobongga made special with Knorr Chicken Cube!
Annatto (Achuete) is not only used to give color to dishes but it is also said to be good for diabetes, diarrhea, fevers, fluid retention, heartburn, malaria, and hepatitis. They also use it as an antioxidant and bowel cleanser.
- 1 kilogram chicken cut-up
- 2 pcs Knorr chicken cubes
- 6 cloves garlic crushed
- 1 pc red onion sliced
- 4 pcs bay leaves
- 1 tsp black peppercorn slightly crushed
- 1/4 cup soy sauce
- 3 tbsps vinegar
- 1 tsp brown sugar
- 1 cup water
- 2 tsps atsuete oil
- First, heat oil in pan and sauté garlic and onions. Add all chicken and sear on all sides. You can sear chicken in batches to get a more even browning.
- Pour in vinegar, soy sauce and water. Add bay leaves, pepper and atsuete oil. Bring to a boil then immediately lower the heat to let it simmer for 10 mins uncovered to cook off the vinegar taste and aroma. Try not to stir while simmering.
- After 10 mins, add Knorr Chicken Cubes. Stir until completely dissolved. Continue to simmer for 10 mins or until sauce has thickened. Add sugar if preferred.
- Serve warm and enjoy!