Meatless Monggo Recipe
Create our delicious and easy to follow recipe for Meatless Monggo made with Knorr Pork Cube. Give this recipe a try. Monggugulat ka sa sarap!
Mung beans not only provide full flavor but it also contain many healthy antioxidants, including phenolic acids, flavonoids, caffeic acid, cinnamic acid and more.
- 1 cup green monggo, washed properly and drained
- 4 cups water
- 3 tbsp. oil
- 1 pc. onion, chopped
- 4 cloves garlic, chopped
- 3 pcs. tomato, diced
- 2 cups water or liquid where you cooked your monggo
- 2 pcs. Knorr Pork Cubes
- ¼ cup malunggay leaves
- In a large pot, cook monggo with water at medium heat until tender. Drain monggo from liquid. Set aside drained monggo and keep 500 ml of the boiling liquid.
- In another pot, sauté onion and garlic in oil until fragrant. Add tomatoes and sauté for 2 minutes.
- Add monggo and 2 cups water or the liquid from where monggo was boiled. Stir well. Bring to the boil.
- Add Knorr Pork Cubes then let simmer for 5 minutes. You may add more water according to your desired consistency. Add malunggay leaves, stir and serve.