Classic Kare-Kare Recipe
Create our delicious and easy to follow recipe for Classic Kare-Kare made extra special with Knorr Beef Cubes. Enjoy it with your family today!
Other vegetables to include: Pumpkin flowers, spinach
- 1 -1.5 kilogram oxtail, cut ups
- 2 pcs onions, quartered
- water, enough to cover meat
- 4 tbsp canola oil
- 2 tbsp annatto seeds /achuete seeds
- 1 pc onion, chopped
- 10 cloves garlic, chopped
- 1/2 cup creamy or unsweetened peanut butter
- 2 pcs Knorr Beef Cubes
- 3 pcs eggplants, sliced
- 1 bundle sitaw, cut into 2" pieces
- 1 pack pechay Tagalog, sliced or Bok-Choi
- Other vegetables to include: Pumpking flowers, spinach
- First, you need to tenderize the oxtail to be able to enjoy this majestic dish. Get a pot and throw in the oxtail and quartered onions in. Pour the water and just boil over high heat then reduce to a simmer until oxtail is tender. Once tender, strain the oxtail from the broth and set aside the meat and broth.
- Now, get a pan and combine the oil and annatto seeds together. Cook over low heat for 3 minutes or until the color of the oil turn orange. Strain out the seeds then pour the infused oil back into the pan. Throw in the onions and garlic and saute until lightly toasted. Add the softened oxtail next and continue to saute.
- Just a few more steps and this dish is done. Add the peanut butter, 1-1/2 cups of broth (where oxtail was softened) and Knorr Beef Cubes. Mix well until peanut butter is dissolved. Simmer for 15-20 minutes until sauce has slightly thickened.
- Now, add the vegetables last and cook until done. That's it! Classic Kare Kare is best enjoyed with a serving of warm bagoong. We kid you not, you will definitely eat more than usual. It's sooo delicious!