Dinuguan na May Gata Recipe
This dish combines the sour and tangy flavors of pork cooked in the classic dinuguan style mixed with the sweet and light taste of coconut milk.
In preparing this dish, do not use an aluminium bowl in mixing the pork blood, coconut milk and vinegar. It is because when aluminium and acid come in contact, it creates a chemical reaction and will make the food toxic.
- ½ kg bone-in pork shoulder, cubed
- ¼ kg pork heart
- ¼ kg pork liver
- ½ kg pork intestine
- 1 can coconut milk
- 3 cloves garlic, crushed
- 1 whole white onion, peeled and minced
- 3 cups of pork blood, strained
- 3 pcs bay leaf
- ½ cup sukang Iloco (you can use cane vinegar)
- 2 cups Knorr Pork broth (dilute 1 piece Knorr Pork Cube in 2 cups water)
- 10 pcs. finger chili
- Knorr Liquid Seasoning, to taste
- salt and pepper, to taste
- Dinuguan need not be intimidating especially when you follow these easy steps. First, you just need to bring together the pork heart, pork liver, and pork intestine, add enough water to cover the meat in a large pot and bring them to a boil. Cook them until tender. Set aside the pork and discard the remaining stock used for boiling.
- Next, you’ve got to slice the pork heart and pork liver into strips and set this aside as well.
- Now using a mixing bowl, mix together the pork blood and coconut milk and add a little bit of vinegar. Set aside.
- Get a pan and get it nice and hot over medium high heat. Pour some oil and throw in the garlic and onion and cook them until the garlic is slightly brown in color and onions are translucent.
- Add the pork belly, sautéing them briefly before adding the pork heart and liver strips.
- Now, pour the Knorr Pork broth, sukang Iloco, bay leaves and green finger chilli. Let this simmer until the pork belly is tender. When the liquid has reduced to ¾, add the pork blood with coconut milk and continue to cook until it thickens (if sauce becomes too thick, add more Knorr pork broth).
- Get the most out of the flavour of Dinuguan sa Gata by adding a sprinkle of Knorr Liquid Seasoning, salt and pepper.
- With or without puto, you will surely eat a lot and forget about your diet when your mom serves this at home.