Poqui Poqui Recipe
This traditional Ilocos dish uses the rich flavor of char grilled eggplant combined with crushed sautéed onions and tomatoes infused with savory Knorr flavor.
Eggplants are a great source of antioxidants that help reduce the risk of heart disease and other chronic diseases.
- 4 pcs large eggplant
- 2 tbsp cooking oil
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 whole white onion, peeled and minced
- 2 medium sized tomatoes, chopped into cubes
- 1 pc Knorr Chicken Cube, dissolved in ½ cup hot water
- 4 eggs, lightly beaten
- Knorr Liquid Seasoning
- salt and pepper, to taste
- Begin by grilling the eggplant. Using your gas stove, directly grill the eggplant over the flames until charred. Remove from the heat and place under running water to remove charred skin of egg plant, and chop into small pieces. Set this aside.
- Get a pan and make it nice and hot over medium heat. Pour some oil and sauté garlic and onion until garlic is slightly brown and onions are translucent. Add tomatoes and eggplant and sauté briefly. Add the Knorr Chicken broth and continue to simmer until the vegetables are soft.
- Using a fork, mash all the ingredients until soft. Add lightly beaten eggs and stir until egg has set. Season with Knorr Liquid Seasoning, salt and pepper.
- Transfer to a serving plate and enjoy Poqui Poqui with your family. See the smile on their faces when they taste this delicious dish.
- Gluten Free
- Nut Free
- Suitable For Pregnancy
- Wheat Free