Begucan Babi Recipe
This classic Kapampangan dish uses the rich taste of spiced pork cooked in the sweet flavor of bagoong mixed with sour flavors from vinegar to balance.
Annatto oil does not only give the dish a nice color but it is also used for treating heartburn, diarrhea, ulcer and skin issues.
- 1 tbsp annatto oil (annatto seeds) (infused in oil)
- 3 cloves garlic, crushed
- 1 tbsp onion, chopped
- 3 pcs tomatoes, deseeded, sliced
- 3/4 cup bagoong
- 1/2 cup cane vinegar
- 1 pc Knorr Pork Broth Cubes
- 1/2 kilogram pork liempo, 1 1/2 inch cubes
- 1 tsp ground black pepper
- 1 pc green chili