Begucan Babi Recipe
This classic Kapampangan dish uses the rich taste of spiced pork cooked in the sweet flavor of bagoong mixed with sour flavors from vinegar to balance.
Annatto oil does not only give the dish a nice color but it is also used for treating heartburn, diarrhea, ulcer and skin issues.
- 1 tbsp annatto oil (annatto seeds) (infused in oil)
- 3 cloves garlic, crushed
- 1 tbsp onion, chopped
- 3 pcs tomatoes, deseeded, sliced
- 3/4 cup bagoong
- 1/2 cup cane vinegar
- 1 pc Knorr Pork Broth Cubes
- 1/2 kilogram pork liempo, 1 1/2 inch cubes
- 1 tsp ground black pepper
- 1 pc green chili
- Let’s begin by making annatto oil. First, heat together 1 tbsp annatto seeds and 2 tbsp vegetable oil in medium heat. Allow this to sizzle and remove the seeds when it turns dark in color. Remove the seeds and keep the oil.
- Now, let’s proceed in cooking our dish. In the same pan, drop the garlic, onions, tomatoes and bagoong in the annatto oil.
- The next step is to pour in the vinegar. Simmer for a minute to cook before adding Knorr Pork Broth Cube, pork liempo, pepper and green chilli. Bring this to a boil and then simmer until the meat is tender.
- That's is. Serve and enjoy! You will surely eat a lot when your mom serves you this kapampangan dish. Manyaman!