Mindanao Balbacoa Recipe
A classic and award winning meat dish Balbacoa, from Mindanao, is made more meaty and delicious by using Knorr Beef Cubes.
Remember to remove the scum from the surface of the water every now and then, to ensure your dish will be nice and clear. This process is called skimming.
- 1 tbsp cooking oil
- 1 pc onion, quartered
- 3 cloves garlic, crushed
- 1 thumb -sized ginger, peeled and cut into strips
- 2 tbsp tausi (salted beans)
- 2 pcs Knorr Beef Broth cubes
- 3/4 kilo pork knuckles, cut into serving portions
- 1 pc star anise
- 5 cups water
- 1/2 cup ground salted peanuts
- 1 tbsp spring onions