Mindanao Balbacoa Recipe
A classic and award winning meat dish Balbacoa, from Mindanao, is made more meaty and delicious by using Knorr Beef Cubes.
Remember to remove the scum from the surface of the water every now and then, to ensure your dish will be nice and clear. This process is called skimming.
- 1 tbsp cooking oil
- 1 pc onion, quartered
- 3 cloves garlic, crushed
- 1 thumb -sized ginger, peeled and cut into strips
- 2 tbsp tausi (salted beans)
- 2 pcs Knorr Beef Broth cubes
- 3/4 kilo pork knuckles, cut into serving portions
- 1 pc star anise
- 5 cups water
- 1/2 cup ground salted peanuts
- 1 tbsp spring onions
- Begin by getting your large pot nice and hot over medium heat. Pour some oil and sauté the onions, garlic, and ginger.
- Add water, star anise, tausi and Knorr Beef Broth Cubes. Next, gently add the knuckles, and let this boil, then lower the heat to simmer until meat is tender. Remember to remove the scum and impurities that rises to the top of the liquid.
- Stir in the peanuts and garnish with chopped spring onions and that's it. It only takes Knorr Pork Broth Cubes to recreate a delicious Balbacoa from Mindanao. It's yummy!