Pork Afritada Recipe
A Filipino classic dish that combines flavors of seasoned pork with potatoes, carrots and bell pepper cooked in a savory and tangy tomato-based thickened sauce
Aside from adding flavor to the dish, Bell Peppers are excellent source of Vitamin A, Vitamin C and potassium, and are low in calories.
- 3 tbsp cooking oil
- 1 pc medium sized onion, minced
- 4 cloves garlic, minced
- 1/2 kg pork kasim, sliced into 2" cubes
- 250 g (1 pack) tomato sauce
- 1 -1/2 cups water
- 1/2 tsp sugar
- 1 pc Knorr Pork Cube
- 1 pc medium sized potato, cut into cubes
- 1 pc medium sized carrot, cut into cubes
- 1 pc red bell pepper, sliced
- 1 pc green bell pepper, sliced
- ground black pepper, to taste
- Begin by getting your pan nice and hot over medium heat. Pour some oil and sauté onions and garlic. Add pork next and just cook until slightly brown.
- Pour the tomato sauce next with the water, sugar and Knorr Pork Broth Cube. Simmer until meat is tender.
- Now, in goes the potatoes and carrots and cook until tender.
- Add bell peppers and season with black pepper. Simmer for 2 minutes and enjoy this dish hot.
- What better way to enjoy food when you have your favourite dishes on the table? This Holiday Afritada Recipe is one of those dishes you will always look forward to especially on Christmas day.