Festive Pork Caldereta
This perfect holiday dish combines the rich taste of pork ribs with the tangy tomato sauce infused with chorizo, black olives, potatoes, and Knorr Pork flavors
When boiling the pork ribs, remember to remove the scum from the surface of the water every now and then, to ensure your soup will be nice and clear. This process is called skimming.
- 1/2 kg pork ribs
- 3 cups water
- 3 tbsp cooking oil
- 4 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 pc onion, minced
- 2 pcs Spanish chorizo or sausage sliced
- 1 can liver spread
- 3 pcs laurel leaves
- 1 pack (250 g) tomato sauce
- 1 pc Knorr Pork Cube
- 1/2 tsp sugar
- ground black pepper, to taste
- 1 pc medium-sized potatoes, cut into cubes
- 1 pc medium-sized carrots, cut into cubes
- 50 g pitted black olives
- 1 pc red bell pepper, seeds removed and sliced
- 1 pc green bell pepper, seeds removed and sliced
- Get a large pot and make it nice and hot over medium-high heat. Fill it with 3 cups of water then add the pork ribs. Boil at high heat and bring down to a simmer for 30 minutes or until meat is tender. Remember to remove the scum rising to the top of the liquid. Remove meat from pot, and set aside and strain the broth.
- Get another pan ready and make it nice and hot over medium heat. Pour oil and sauté garlic and onions. Add the tender pork, chorizo, liver spread, laurel, tomato sauce, Knorr Pork Broth Cube, sugar, pepper and broth. Bring to a boil and simmer until slightly thick in consistency.
- Throw in the potato and carrots next then simmer until cooked before adding the bell peppers and olives. Cook for another 2 minutes and that’s our dish!
- It’s always a joy when you see Festive Pork Caldereta being served in the table by your mom. You know you can always count on this dish for this is home.