Pata Beans Recipe
This dish combines the rich flavors of pork pata mixed with the textures of white bean, rich flavor of chorizo de bilbao, and tangy tomato sauce.
Be careful when working with the pressure cooker, don't overfill the pressure cooker to prevent it from exploding due to pressure. The steam must have enough space to build and an escape route.
- 2 tbsp cooking oil
- 1 pc onion, chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, chopped
- 1 kg pata (pressure cooked with onion, garlic, and bay leaf)
- 4 cups broth from pressure cooked pata
- 1 pc Knorr Pork Cube
- 2 cups canned white beans
- ½ cup tomato paste
- 4 pcs chorizo de bilbao, sliced
- pepper, to taste
- Let's start by tenderizing the pata using the pressure cooker. Place the pork pata in the pressure cooker, add water and salt. Place in the 1 pc onion, 1 head garlic and 1 pc bay leaf). Close the lid and cook for 45-50 minutes, release steam and carefully open the lid.
- Now, we can work on the stew. Begin by getting your pan nice and hot over medium heat. Throw in the onion and garlic and sauté them until the onion is translucent and the garlic is golden in color.
- Gently place the tenderized pata in together with the broth, Knorr Pork Cube, white beans, tomato paste, and chorizo de bilbao. Let this simmer until the ingredients and flavors are well incorporated. With a dash of pepper this dish is done!
- Wait until you see the reaction on your family’s faces when they taste this Pata Beans Recipe. This will surely become one of their favourites.