Pata Tim Recipe
This Filipino-chinese dish is made of slow cooked braised pork hock seasoned with just light soy with sugar, and slight licorice taste from the star-anise.
Don't rush in cooking this dish. Let the pork gently simmer in the marinate to make the meat soft and tender, and to infuse the flavors to the insides of the meat.
- 1 kg pork pata, ask your butcher to slice it into serving pieces
- 1 cup light soy sauce
- 2 cups water
- 3 pcs. star anise
- 1/4 -1/2 cup brown sugar
- 1 bunch pechay, trimmed
- Knorr Liquid Seasoning, to taste
- This is another no fuss dish you should keep on cooking at home. Just combine all the ingredients together in a pot, except for the pechay, and bring these to a boil. Once boiling, turn the heat to low and simmer until the pata is very tender (fork tender) and the sauce is thick. No need to panic, if water reduces too much, just pour more and it’s all good.
- Now, add the pechay and simmer again for about a minute. Finally, with a sprinkle of Knorr Liquid Seasoning, your Pata Tim is done!
- When you serve this dish to your family, they will have a hard time moving on. It’s just that delicious!